Welcome!

Hello
My names Hayley and i'm currently enjoying the new world of blogging.
I enjoy chatting so feel blogging is the perfect place for me to share thoughts, tips, buys, wants, gossip and pictures with you lovely fellow bloggers.
Much love Hayley xx
Enjoy

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Sleek Lipstick Review


My recent shopping trip led me to buy another Sleek lipstick so i can finally decide if there for me. 
If you remember i already had 2 sleek lipsticks. However i only liked one of them.

 The above lipstick which is called Baby doll is in my opinion one of the worst lipsticks i own i found it to be patchy and had a chalky look to it and also looked  a lot paler on the lips than when i swatched it on the back of my hand in Superdrug.


This one is called Candy Cane and is a really pretty bright red. I much prefer this shade which led me to wonder if i choose a bad shade with baby doll or a bad lipstick brand?

and here is my newest addiction pink freeze. Its quite similar to the above candy cane lipstick just with a little more pink to it.

The sleek lipsticks are available from Superdrug and costs £3.99 each some of the shades and finishing textures remind me of the Barry M Lipsticks.
I love the sleek blushers and eyeshadow palettes but i have to say i don't think the lipsticks are for me. Im not keen on the finished application of them on my lips and found them to be quite drying with a similar consistency to face paint. 
I know the shades i choose may not be everyday shades but i sometimes love the pop of colour that a braver shade of lippy can give but sadly i've just not found myself reaching for them.

I dont want them to just sit in my make up basket among the shades i do use
 (that's just lipstick cruelty) so i may ask my sister, Stacey if she wants to try them if not i will see if i can work them in the summer maybe with some gloss on top?

Have you got any Sleek Lipsticks?
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment